2018-2019 NEST Grants
APPLICATION (online): Friday, December 14, 2018 @ 5pm
NEA-Alaska wants to help you and your Local Association do more to support early career educators. So we put together the 2018-19 NEST Grants! How can we best support new educators in your District? What events/activities will meaningfully engage new educators? Can your local implement new member orientations? We will be providing grant funds to NEST programs across the state. Yours could be one!
Complete the NEST Grant Application here. Do your best to be as clear and specific as you can. Prudent applicants will coordinate with their Local Presidents to incorporate this new educator grant into their Local’s strategic plan.
NEA-Alaska’s NEST Grants Program has three primary goals …
1. To empower early career educators to take an active role in their local association
2. To help local associations implement effective New Member Orientations
3. To raise awareness of NEA-Alaska’s resources to support early career educators
Some helpful hints in developing your grant application
1. Brainstorm with other members on what your local can do to support new educators.
2. Complete a budget for the activities being as specific as possible.
3. Develop a work plan that includes: what will be done, by whom, and when.