Carrs Safeway and the Alaska Council of School Administrators are proud to support innovative teaching practices across the state of Alaska by sponsoring a grant program for public school teachers. This program encourages educators to identify a problem of practice in their classroom, school, and/or district and propose novel ways to address this challenge to improve student outcomes. Educators can apply for grants individually or as part of a collaborative team.
50 teachers across Alaska will each receive a one-time $5,000 scholarship. Any Pre-K-12 grade teacher in Alaska may apply.
What a grant can pay for:
- Expenses associated with field trips for students (transportation, admission costs, meals, etc.)
- Honoraria/travel for external experts
- Professional development courses, seminars and workshops
- Travel expenses associated with professional development for grant recipient(s)
- Other resources needed for the project
For more information or to apply visit the website: http://www.alaskaacsa.org/safeway/
The deadline for applications is October 1, 2017.