Date: June 22, 2020
Position: Associate Staff
Salary Range: $19.83-$22.94 Per hour, Depending on Experience
Unit Description and/or Conditions Unique to Assignment
NEA-Alaska is a 12,000+ member association that represents K-12 teachers and education support professionals across the State of Alaska. NEA-Alaska has three regional offices; in Anchorage, Juneau, and Fairbanks.
This position primarily provides support to the Fairbanks Office in an administrative capacity. Primary duties would include but not be limited to: greeting in-person visitors, answering calls, satisfying information requests, database management, record keeping, developing and producing materials, supporting UniServ Directors (field staff), and assisting Local Leadership.
This position requires excellent computer skills and the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite for word processing, database management, and spreadsheets. A successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills, the ability to learn new programs, and the willingness to work as part of a team.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk support
- Database management
- Professional communication with public and members
- Local support for Communications and Trainings (event planning, catering, social media graphics, etc.)
- Website support (posting graphics, updating lists/links/posts and calendars)
- Opens and distributes the mail
- Creating fliers, Google forms, and other documents
- General Member Benefit information
- Supports local associations with membership reconciliation
- Serve as contact for property management, office equipment, and supply purchases
- Support to locals for monthly meetings and elections (running lists, maintain nominations and biographies)
- Support and advance the NEA-Alaska mission, goals, and priorities
- Provide other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- May require occasional overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate Degree or above desirable
- High attention to detail
- Great multi-tasker
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Graphic design and content creation
- Web design
- Previous office and multi-line phone line experience
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) system experience
- Experience with Google Docs, Forms, Sheets
- Experience using Canva or other design software
- Social Media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Knowledge of public education system
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: KD Roope, Chief Financial Officer, NEA-Alaska, 201 Main Street Ste. 300, Juneau, AK 99801
By Fax: 907-586-2744
Applicants must submit a completed NEA-Alaska application, a current resume and three (3) letters of reference.
Applications will be accepted until close of business on July 9, 2020.
This position is in a bargaining unit represented by NSO-Alaska. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement and benefits are determined by the NEA-Alaska/NSO-Alaska Agreement. Eleven-step salary schedule currently advances to $31.68 per hour. Generous benefits package including family health insurance, retirement plan, sick and annual leave, and paid holidays.
NEA-Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or disability.