Date: March 20, 2020
Position: Associate Staff
Salary Range: $19.83-$22.94 Per hour, DOE
Unit Description and/or Conditions Unique to Assignment
NEA-Alaska is a 12,000+ member association that represents K-12 teachers and education support professionals across the State of Alaska. NEA-Alaska has three regional offices; in Anchorage, Juneau, and Fairbanks.
This position primarily provides support to the Anchorage Office in an administrative capacity. Primary duties would include but not be limited to: greeting in-person visitors, answering calls, satisfying information requests, database management, record keeping, developing and producing materials, supporting UniServ Directors (field staff), and assisting the Public Affairs Department.
This position requires excellent computer skills and the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite for word processing, database management, and spreadsheets. A successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills, the ability to learn new programs, and the willingness to work as part of a team.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk support
- Database management
- Professional communication with public and members
- Local support for Communications and Trainings (event planning, catering, social media graphics, etc.)
- Website support (posting graphics, updating lists/links/posts and calendars)
- Coordinating annual membership mailing
- Creating fliers, Google forms, and other documents
- General Member Benefit information
- UniServ Director, Local, Local Leadership, and Public Affairs support
- Support to locals for monthly meetings and elections (running lists, maintain nominations and biographies)
- Support and advance the NEA-Alaska mission, goals, and priorities
- Provide other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- May require occasional overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate Degree or above desirable
- High attention to detail
- Great multi-tasker
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Graphic design and content creation
- Web design
- Previous office and multi-line phone line experience
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) system experience
- Experience with Google Docs, Forms, Sheets
- Experience using Canva or other design software
- Social Media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Knowledge of public education system
Apply by Email: Zachary.Mannix@neaalaska.org
By Mail: Zachary Mannix, Communications Director, NEA-Alaska, 4100 Spenard Road, Anchorage, AK 99517
By Fax: 907-274-0551
Applicants must submit a completed NEA-Alaska application, a current resume and three (3) letters of reference.
Position open until filled. The first round of applications will be reviewed on April 3.
This position is in a bargaining unit represented by NSO-Alaska. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement and benefits are determined by the NEA-Alaska/NSO-Alaska Agreement.
NEA-Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or disability.