“One thing we were excited about was the discussion around excellent educators and making it easier for Alaska students to become local teachers. When we talked about it, we realized that the traits we value most in our teachers are care, attentiveness and inspiration. When teachers go out of their way to make us feel welcomed and supported, we’re much more willing to work hard. Good teachers are important to our success…” See what else these Anchorage high school students had to say about their education >>
- Innovation Grant Opportunity
- Frustrated over curriculum, training and contract issues, teachers pack Anchorage School Board meeting
- Congratulations 2018 Alaska Teacher of the Year Finalists!
- Hurricane Harvey Relief: Support NEA Members in Houston
- ‘Every year it’s harder to fill the jobs’: Hiring teachers gets increasingly difficult in rural Alaska